I was at the Dallas Arboretum when this flower caught my eye. It’s head was in the sun but the surrounding area was in shadow. I was shooting in RAW and knew I could probably work with it in Lightroom. My concern was that maybe all that dark surrounding area would cause the camera to overexpose the flower by trying to expose for the dark area so I set it on minus one exposure compensation… in other words to make it darker. As I checked the shot with my Hoodman, I could see it was better than the original shots without the compensation. It is always better to fix things in the camera if you can. This was the resulting photo.